Melody asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

my puppy..?

ok so i got a puppy named jordan when he was 8 weeks. when i brong him home, i started to paper train him so he would use the bathroom on the newspaper and he wouldn't go on the carpet or on my bed. all of the sudden now he keeps going on the carpet and not the newspaper. he makes my carpet stink and i'm constantly cleaning up with cleaner but it can't really eliminate the bad odor. he won't stop going, and when i take him outside to go he doesn't use the bathroom at all - then when i take him INSIDE he goes on the carpet. please help.. thnx

-melodiia™

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd put a piece of extra carpet outside, and gradually let Jordan use it until he gets accustomed to it. After a couple of weeks, throw the carpet away.

• 1 decade ago

When we got our pup we took him out as soon as he woke up and right after eating or drinking. He's had very few accidents because he knows now that outside is where he goes. Try that, don't wait any time at all. As soon as he wakes take him out when he potties outside praise him maybe even give him a treat, as soon as he eats or drinks do the same thing. When he does potty in the house, if you catch him in the act tell him "NO! BAD DOG!" and take him straight out, pick him up mid-stream(don't worry he'll stop peeing when you pick him up) and take him out to finish the job. Be sure to praise him for finishing outside.

• 1 decade ago

you can shake some baking soda on the spots where he went on the carpet...let it sit for a while (it absorbs it-smell and all) then vaccume it up.

you will also need to increase the times that you take Jordan out and watch him when he's in the house.. if he goes to squat or hunch ...take him out and stay out until he does-you may need to get a longer leash (if you don't have a fenced yard) and not let him see you looking (some pets are shy about that)..and don't forget to praise him when he does......he'll get it.... but until then...buy a big box of baking soda......and good luck.

• 1 decade ago

bring him outside and dont let him in until he goes, use a command like "go potty" and make sure to praise him the minute he does. if you catch him going on the floor, bring him out immediatly and wait until he's either done, or has gone again. sometimes you might have to wait 15 minutes or so before they'll go. he'll catch on that outside is right. make sure you praise him the moment that he goes potty outside.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take some of the waste from inside and throw it outside,into the yard. Take him to it each time...he'll get the idea. =)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.