Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

What do you think of this?

I'm not trying to piss anyone off...(I know I will unintentionally) but why is it that people who like bands before they have mainstream success get pissed at them for having mainstream success, and are rude to new fans? Aren't you happy that your favorite band has success? There are some bands I've been a fan of since they were underground, and some I like because I heard it on the radio. A real fan likes a band because their music has touched them in a way. Its not how long you like them, how many concerts you've been to, how much band merch you have, how many songs you know, how many concerts you've been to. A fake fan is some one who likes a band because the singer is SO hot, because everyone else likes the band, or because they're clothes are cool. Whether you like one song, half a song, or know every song they ever did. your still a real fan, because you like their music.

Manna, I feel that way about some of the band I listen to who aren't mainstream, but (not saying you do) I dont bash any new fans, due to bands successes.

If I cared about grammar, I would have used the spell check button SO YOU KNOW.

Favorite Answer

i think its because we like to know songs and be known as the people who know songs and bands that no one else knows of and it makes us feel good when people say things like" iv never herd of them" i dont know why but it just lets us feel like maybe we finaly know more about something then someone else does...

ps. you didnt piss me off lol

u know what? u r ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT. of course i think Jared Leto is freakin hott, but Tomo can play guitar like no one i've ever seen. Matt has the nicest personality EVER and Shannon? well he's about the greatest self taught drummer ever. I appreciate u for that question!!!

Finally someone who understands

"...or because they're clothes are cool."

It's 'their'. They're means 'they are'. So you know.

i don't noe..........