Why do teachers say that they don't have favorites, but in reality you can tell they do?

I knew they did when i was in elementary school all the way through high school. My choir director did it, she didn't care about if i was really in the musical or not...even though she said she did care. I quit my senior year's musical because of her not giving a s*it.

It was the teachers with their favorites not caring if anyone else had questions....why do/did they do this?

I'm in college now and it still happens....i know that two of my professors didn't like me and i got terrible grades on my papers...and i had other people read the papers and they said they were fine.

Favorite Answer

Because they have to at least attempt to maintain a level of equality. ya we all know they have favorites, just like our parents do. But they can loose their jobs for stating, Ya i like little Johnny sonofabitch better than you.

Well, teachers are taught when they are getting their teaching certificate that favorites are frowned upon. However we all know this goes on anyway. It's almost worse when a teacher doesn't like the kid. It can change an entire year of school or even the out come of graduation for the student. My Senior English teacher and I battled big time. I even had other English teachers grade my papers before I turned them in to her. She failed me every time! It really affected my last year of high school in such a negative way! I hope things get better for you! Remember that there are better teachers out there and it's almost over!

Saying they do not have favourites may be true. But what you perceive as a teachers favourite may only be, that this student works hard and creates no discipline problems and tries to work with the teacher and not against the teacher. Although the teacher says they don't have favourites maybe true they will work hard with those who work hard because they can see results. The teachers may work equally hard or even harder with those that are or have problems they have a soft spot for those that appreciate what the teachers do. A soft spot does not constitute a favourites but an appreciation.

Because they are human. I think they show it more in elementary school because they think the kid doesn't know or won't tell.