What Should I do if my 3 yr old daughter finds out the truth about santa?

Favorite Answer

She's going to find out at some point, and you can't stop that from happening.

Just reassure her that there's nothing about the idea of santa that has changed.

• 2D

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack about this, but here goes. My children have ALWAYS known the truth about Santa. I'm always honest with children about everything including the tooth fairy as well. I've told them the story of St. Nick and have kept the tradition of Santa alive. I've explained to them how parents "pretend" to "play" Santa for their children. I don't want to mislead my children in any way, nor do I want to take the fun out of the holidays from them. I did play the Easter bunny, but they know who it is. It has kept my children informed about why some children get more and nicer presents than others, especially since I was a single and impoverished parent for many many years. It has also spared my children the grief and disappointment of discovering that they have been duped into believing in someone that doesn't exist and why when they have been so good all year only to receive a small gift compared to another child's gift. A true Santa wouldn't be so unfair. I also explained to my children that other parents have chosen to teach their children differently than I and that should be respected and we are not to try to impose our beliefs on others and to tell the children that Santa is actually the parents. This has worked well for my family. It's just one option it may or may not work for some. But the reality is one day your child will find out the truth and you will have to prepare yourself for how you will handle that situation. I wish you the best. Happy New Year to you & your family.

Oh that is so sad. My 7 yr old has started to question if santa is real this yr. I told him if he believes in santa that makes him real. And then we watched 'The Santa Clause' and I told him that I think that is how Santa works. He seemed okay w/ that. I hope that helps you, and good luck.

all children will eventually find out about santa , i think you should tell her the legend of santa and make her understand that is something that makes people feel good and be in good spirits

tell her the truth!

tell her the orgin!(eg there used to be a saint called ... and people believe that.. and took him as santa)

although she dont seemed to understand she will have a impression of it.

better than lying to her now

(thinking that she is too young to understand anything)

and when she grows up,

she will feel cheated by u.

and not trust u ):

let her enjoy the time of believing in santa. since my in-laws still sign gifts to older kids from santa. up to you when you decide to tell her about santa!

The truth will reveal when they grow up. There is no need to rush for truth. But, if you tell them, tell them they exist on Shopping Malls! And that is the truth!

• Keetta

Well she will forget all about it probably before you will. Kids have a short attention span. She will be on the the Easter Bunny in no time!

Nothing...Ask the child if she wants to discuss it. If not, then say nothing at all! Children are smarter and more durable than we think.

I'm sure since she knows, then...She knows!

Tell her the true meaning of Christmas, seriously!

• Kaori

She's only three ! Give her another year or two before some ***-**** spoils it for her. When she does find out. just try to explain the acts of giving....