I want to get more tone and 'inshape' for bikini season. Any ideas on exercise techniques?

Favorite Answer

I am a member of the gym like that YMCA. That is a great place from getting in shape.

Well, I know exactly what to do. I would reccommend dancing or doing pilates. If you don't have time to take the classes, get some tapes on them. As for the dancing, just grab your favorte CD and got nuts! Believe me, it helps A LOT! Also, eating smaller portions or healthier foods has always helped me. Hope I could help!

Try the eliptical machine. It does the top and bottom at the same time. If you don't have access to that, swimming would be great. If you're just at home, I guess biking, jogging and light weights would do it. Go for the first two if you can, but with discipline.

an excellent way to prepare for bikini season would be to sign up for swimming classes at your local YMCA or other indoor pool/recreation complex. yoga is also a great over-all body toner, and once you learn the basic positions, you can do them any time - not just in class.

kickboxing and mixed martial arts are a great way to tone yourself. Buy a heavy bag on eBay and work out with it by punching and kicking 20-30 min a day. Working with focus pads is another great way to work out but requires a partner.

I jsut bought "The Bean" from an informercial on tv.... so far I love it.... only had it a week though. helps ya do sit ups and crunches without hurting your back on the hard floor..... lol It works.... my abs are so dang sore I can't even cough now.... comes with a dvd as well.

• Ivar

Skipping rope will help a lot.

situps-abs

running/treadmill-thighs

pushups-forarms/biceps/triceps