Very Light periods..?

My periods only last 3 days, and are relatively light. Is this normal? I am 26.

Favorite Answer

If this is how your periods have always been, then yes, this is normal.

Wow, 26, hoh? Hm, I was going to ask you , your age, before I gave you some advise, but in your case it might very well be helpful anyway.. I have a girlfriend I grew up with in California, who we correspond via email........We were talking about my going through whats known , as Perimenopause, which is what I was going to suggest you might be going through... My sister and I both only get light periods, when we do get them about every 5-8 months apart... We dont get them every month anymore..... Then, my girlfriend in California, told me, she went through complete Menopause, in her 30s!!! I was blown away, when I heard that!! Lucky her!! However, hun, its "Rare", but you may just be experiencing early signs of Perimenopause, like my sister & I..... Its not considered the actual Menopause, until you've gone a complete full 12 months without a period...... Or, if I were you , being so young and all, I would make an appt., with your "Gyno". just to be safe!! Dont go getting scared on me, because I said that.. But, your sort of young,, to be having , oh wait a minute, I went through that in my 20s!! Now, that I look back, my periods, were always 3-4 days long, and alot of times I had very light bleeding as well...... I never went to the doctor for it, so you'll be okay!! Dont stress its completely normal..... Look at me, I'm still alive, and I'm 44, and hardly ever went to the Gyno in my young years, except during my 4 pregnancy's...... What woman feels comfortable going and running out to make an appt, with thee most uncomfortable doctor, for females on earth?? Right? Hey, listen you'll be just fine, dont sweat the small stuff!!! And "Here's Wishing You & Yours A Wonderful, Healthy, & Happy New Year!!!" Smile, you'll be just fine hun!! You have a Wonderful Day, for me, now. Okay.... By now...

Possibly. Usually periods can last from 3-7 days and vary in how light/heavy they are. My sisters only lasts 3 days and is light like yours. If it is something your concerned about contact your doctor, but if it is normal for you I wouldn't worry. If your period has always been like this, your a lucky girl! Also, different things can make your period vary like stress and exercise.

I'd say you are lucky as hell but that's because I have7 day long periods that are heavy for about 4 days where I need super tampons and a pad and then for the remaining 3 days of the period they are normal where I need a regular pad.

I say enjoy it! But if you're concerned ask your GYN to put you on BC which may help regulate your period.

In my experience BIRTH CONTROL SUCKS! But that's my experience because every BC the damn doc has ever put me on made me bleed longer than 30 days on my period. Which is too long and I hated it. No BC for me except rubbers.

Well good luck

My periods are exactley like that but I have only had a few periods

yup mine is 4 days

yes