i need to make a website, high quality.... how do i do this?
I want to make a website for my business. i know about web hosting but im want my website to look like a pro made it. How do i make my website look really good. like yahoo or similar website...
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
► Just use NVU editor (www.nvu.com), it's free and wont tie you down to one method of editing. NVU pages can be transferrable to frontpage or dreamweaver html editor
SEE http://www.interkeys.com/htmleditor for more info on Premium HTML Editors (WYSIWYG)
► For free hosting, try google pages pages.google.com or yahoo geocities ,
its sort of free hosting, but you are limited to a subdomain on googlepages & geo has ads on your website - otherwise I would use http://www.interkeys.com/tophosts to get one for a few bucks a month with 500 GIG bandwidth and the rich with features
its up to you how developed a site you want and if you want to use your own domain name
- MarnenLKLv 61 decade ago
If you want your website to look like a pro made it, then you will either have to hire a pro or become as knowledgeable as a pro yourself. Which means:
* Learn HTML and CSS. Learn them well, and find out about Web standards while you're at it. Hand-code several pages before you start using a visual editor. This is the most important step, and there is no shortcut around it. This would also be a good time to get a browser other than IE for testing, if you don't already have one.
* Learn about graphics for the Web.
* Learn a server-side scripting language if you want to create dynamic pages, such as PHP, ColdFusion (CFML), or Ruby. Also check out http://www.fusebox.org .
* Do not use IE as your testing browser. It departs from the W3C standards that most other browsers follow. Instead, write standards-compliant code (testing in some other browser), then tweak it so it also works in IE.
- 1 decade ago
There are several ways this can be accomplished. One way and probably the best is to get a professional. If you intend to sell items you will run into problems that only a person with experience can handle such as database design, programing, etc. (Against popular belief HTML can not handle business logic. It is only for display not anything like submitting forms or gathering information.) If you just intend the site to be informative you can get a premade template that you just plug your info into and set it up on a server. This is far less expensive and can sometimes hurt a business because you won't see the traffic from search engines unless you are good with keywords.
- Nicholas JLv 71 decade ago
That last poster does not know anything about making websites that look good. "Use notepad, and tables" he says....
To make a website look good requires one word.
You (or the graphic artist you hire) has to draw what your site is going to look like before you ever code anything. Develop the frontpage at least as a graphic image. sub-pages are not as important as they will mimic the main page.
Demonstrate how the buttons will work and where each link should take the user. Then you take those designs to your web development staff and let them at it.
Alternatively you could just buy a professionally prepared template from a place like templatemonster.com.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.