formatting drive?

Who can explain to me on how to format my drives?

I'll do it for the 1st time but i know how to follow instruction just tell me how to?I got all my cd drivers on all of my softwares.

10pts for who can explain it clearly.Tnx

Favorite Answer

If you are doing a clean install of an OS (windows xp etc) You can format your drives during the install.

Pop your windows CD into the CD drive and restart the PC.

Go into you BIOS and make sure the boot sequence has floop and CDROM before the HDD.

Once setup starts on your CD you will have menus and options to partition and format your HDDs.

If you want to format HDDs without installing an OS, open 'My Computer', your HDDs will be listed. Right click the HDD you want to format and select format.

Windows XP Clean Installation - Partitioning and Formatting using Windows XP CD

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/XPClean.htm

do you have the restore disk. and what operating system are you installing, is it an upgrade, OEM, or a full version of operating system. do you have more than one drive? need details