vanilla cake asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How do you deal with a chihuahua pup losing its baby teeth? any tips or suggestions?

what should i use if its mouth starts bleeding?

Favorite Answer

Chew toys. Ropes with knots are a favorite at my house.

Get him lots and lots of chew toys. When my dog was a baby and starting losing it's baby teeth, it chewed on EVERYTHING. Shoes, chairs, anything. So, keep him occupied. Or else, you'll regret it. Those pups love to chew. If it's mouth starts bleeding, it's not that bad, just put a tissue to it, or leave it alone, it'll stop. But remember: protect your shoes...

if its still a young puppy they will lose there teeth and as they get older they loose them aswell try getting from the chemist VIDOL powders or Teejel or what ever they can give you that they would sell a mother for her baby that is teething to numb it a bit but when it bleeds have your dog lick ice or something very cold to quaterize it or give her a sponge to chew so it absorbes it and stops the bleeding dont worry its nothing to worry about if you are seroiusly paniced take her to your closest vet..

Source(s): Dr R Tirred specialist vetenarian

When my puppy was teething I purchased toys and treats aimed at puppies that were teething. She enjoyed these toys and as for the treats they were a type of rawhide treat for puppies that she just knawed at. The process goes by fast, when I got her she was 4 months old and teething now @ 6 months old she has almos tall (but two) adult teeth.

try giving him some play toys or something like that. that should help with the teething. to stop the bleeding try typing into to google a search for because i am not totally sure and i wouldnt want to tell you something that wasnt true.

Cold baby carrots with the skin removed. They love them and it helps them with the teething problem.

Usually the swallow them, but the puppy will be just fine, dont worry about it. Do get some chewy things for the puppy so it can ease the pain.

Rarely will it bother the puppy to lose their teeth. They're rather like little kids-only little kids realize they can't chew with that hole in their jaw. =)

anything cold, cold carrots or infant teething toys that u place in the fridge for a few mins - my dog seemed to like thoes...

try ice cubes. my dog still thinks there a snack. rubbing the gums lightly with your finger also helps soothe , just like with babies.