Johnny G asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Help with receading hairline?

Anyone have any experience with products to battle a receading hairline?

Favorite Answer

This is one you're not going to win.

If you try, you're going to be fighting as losting a battle as most women do with superfluous hair.

Don't even try to hide the fact you're balding. Rejoice that only the most masculine guys go bald -- it's all caused by testosterone.

And the good news is that there are plenty of women who know that the most manly guys are balding. Or bald.

There are several treatments and remedies out there, but they all are costly and none, as yet has stopped nature. You can also go the comb over route, but that will get you laughed at. Best advice is to cut it really really short and keep it that way. Shaving is a cheaper alternative than haircuts and that way you are making a grooming choice rather than going bald.

Believe it or not it has a lot to do with taking care of your scalp.

Be sure to rinse out the shampoo real well. Men have a tendency to rush threw the rinse. It will build up and clog the follicle and kill it. You need to keep you scalp clean so the diameter of the hair will grow to the fullest potential. Also some products can help. Go to www.renefurtereronline.com they have products to help with keeping your hair.

Source(s): 30 years as an International Hairstylist and Color expert.

My ex used Rogaine and it produced a little fuzz, but not real hair. Nothing works except a hair transplant. My suggestion? When it gets really thin, shave it and grow a goatee. Makes for balance. Bald men with goatees or beards are sexy as heck!

Remember... God only made a few perfect heads; the rest he covered with hair!

Yeah, a razor. Looks much better now. To the girls that say bald isnt hot, how come so many girls like Vin Diesel?

Don't worry about it is my advice. I have a receding hair line but it doesn't bother me. We are all unique and different. We are all special in our own way. Why go along with the crowd when you can lead.

Bald is bad. Seek a transplant. All these balding guys that say they shaved their head and think it looks good are fooling themselves and no one else. It does not look good.

Try something like Bosley Medical. I see it on the TV all the time.

Shave it. You can't win that battle.