What is the best way to get rid of?

I have a headache and what feels like tension from the middle of my back to the top of my head. What can I take to get rid of it or what can I do? This is a everyday thing it hurts and it's frustrating.

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If this is an "everyday" pain, I would suggest consulting your doctor. It could be a cervical dislocation which could resolve with chiropractic treatment.

    Also, gentle stretching exercises may relieve the tension in these neck muscles. Could be a bad pillow you are sleeping on which is causing this tension.

    One respondent commented that a trip to the MD should be the "last option". Unfortunately, in today's healthcare, insurance companies REQUIRE a referral from an MD in order to have chiropractic care covered.

    Source(s): I used to manage a chiropractic clinic
  • 1 decade ago

    I agree with the first answerer, however, I would make the visit to an MD my last option. Have you ever visited a Chiropractor? What you're describing really sounds like tension due to stress or sitting in a bad position. It might be something as simple as having something slightly out of place. If it were me, I'd see the Chiropractor first, then try massage for continued stress relief. If the problem persists despite chiropractic treatment and massage therapy, THEN go see a doctor.

  • 1 decade ago

    For a short fix, you can take Excedrin, it really works the best. It sounds like you could use a massage or a trip to the Chiropractor. There could be a lot of tension in your back and a massage therapist could definitely help you out with that, besides, it would be great to get a nice massage!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    My husband has daily headaches. Do you have herniated disks in your neck? That is what causes his. It is a sharp stabbing pain 100 times worse than a migraine. It sounds like you have a herniation but xrays and mri's can find it. See a good doctor.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    You should see a doctor... also the doctor might suggest you getting some massage or chiropractic help....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.