Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I have a 4 month old english female bulldog and am wondering if she can get pregnant at this age?

I worry because I have a weenie dog that is full grown. I need to have my dog fixed but until then...I worry.

• Favorite Answer

Possible, but unlikely.

If your worried, why not get the other dog fixed?

No I think they mature when they are around 6 month of age. Right when she starts to go into heat. I wouldn't worry about it but I would get you other dog fixed soon.

• dph

Average canine puberty age is 6-24 months, so it's still possible for her to be bred, as this is just an average. Is your male showing signs of interest? If so, one of them needs to be fixed.

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus/theriogenolog...

Please get your female bull dog fixed. Pregnancy is extremely difficult on bulldogs. They almost always require c-sections and can the process can be fatal.

I don't believe that dogs come into heat until they are six months old, so you should be just fine. I might be wrong, though...

NO. even if she has been in heat dont get her pregnant. if she is younger than one there is the potential that having puppies could take too much of her energey, and could kill her. wait until she is at least one!