Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

If you could go back in the past to see how things were during that time, which period would you go to?

Holocaust for me. Just to really absorb what happened, to actually stare hatred in the face.

Favorite Answer

I assume you mean you can get back :O)?

Well, there are very many time periods that it would be good to go back to, because we don't have very much good information on them. We have, for the recent past, much information in the form of books, drawings, even photos and newspapers and motion pictures and recordings.

But there is a mystery about the origins of our modern species - what sorts of things were going on about 200,000 years ago that gave rise to the success of our species? And there are questions about the origins of various languages and migrations and so on...

Also, how about 66 million years ago, about a million years before the dinosaurs disappeared? We could find out what they really looked like, how they actually behaved, and so forth. Or 64.99 million years ago, about 1,000 years after they disappeared - we could find out what was going on environmentally to produce new species.

These are just two of the time periods about which so very little is known. Who built Stonehenge, and how? Speaking of which, how were the pyramids really built? And so on.

• Man

Middle Ages

I think I would go back to the days of slavery and get a real true understand of what the slaves went through and what it means to be free and then share it with others.

i think the most interesting period would be the renaissance (sp?) in Italy. Da Vinci, Michelangelo ("the agony and the ecstacy" is an incredible read, btw), and all those masters of the arts and sciences who brought civilization so far in so short a period... they all simply amaze me!

id have to agree what happened to them poor jews is awful. its hard to belive but i have met a few ppl that had the numbers still to this day tattooed on there are and stuff its awful some the stories thay told me

Greek era i feel it was so beautiful the art i think that there was a sound system when ever you walk you'll hear music i don't know its romantic and full of imagination

I think the 40's was real interesting. I would love to go in that era and see what was up!

I'd go back to the twenties and be a flapper girl during prohibition...I'd have so much fun! I'd really rather do something fun than look at something sad..... :(

Source(s):

The 20's. I would love to have been a flapper and work in a speak easy! lol

Good question. I would like to go back to the wild west days..see billy the kid and such.