What exactly is popularity? Does it depend on how many friends you have or what?

Favorite Answer

it depends on whos asking. I would say in high school, generally, to be popular is not how many friends you have, but who your friends are, and how many people know you. If you don't know someone and they know you, that means your popular. You can have a million friends who no one knows and be considered unpopular.

Popularity in school (that is what I'm assuming you are in) is not the thing to aim for. What you should do is be yourself. Be nice to people and I know that sounds like such a silly phrase. What I mean is don't be mean and angry with people. If you have a positive outlook, you will be able to think on your own and not be weighed down with alot of troublesome thoughts and deeds that it can lead you into. With that in mind, everything else should fall into place. Also, before I forget, join some after school functions. This would be great for you to learn new things or have fun with what you already know and of course, another place to get to know people. Enjoy!!

• Pink

That is a very good question. Popularity is very difficult to define. Being accepted in a group may define popularity or conforming to the norm may be defined as popularity. It means different things to different people. Your definition will most likely change as you become older

Popularity is a myth that people spend way too much time considering. I was what you would call one the it girls in high school for a time until i decided to think for myself and was then deemed unworthy of the pack. It is nearly impossible to please everyone. So popularity to me is what your close circle of friends think of you. It's better to have a few close friends who really care than a bunch who wouldn't care if you disappeared tomorrow

At my school popularity is all of the people who wear the latest fashion trends that are very expensive, have a whole bunch of friends, and go out with a whole bunch of people.

popularity. it means you are admired by most off the girls. sometimes you don't even have a best friend if ur popular, surprisingly. i think it depends on both. you have number off ppl liking you and how much they like you more than others.

popularity

noun

the quality of being widely admired or accepted or sought after; "his charm soon won him affection and popularity"; "the universal popularity of American movies" [ant: unpopularity]

It has nothing to do with # of friends

Depends on how many guys you sleep with!!!

it depends on the quality of friends, not the quanitity......