Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Wht dont i have a doctor yet?

i am 37 wks and dont have a doctor all i have is an OB/GYN am i supposed to have a doctor by now especially if i want to discuss inducing?

Favorite Answer

What?? You're only 37 weeks along so you don't need to be induced...also....umm...an OB/GYN is a doctor.

Now, are you talking about a Pediatrician for your baby??? If you are, you wouldn't be talking to them about inducing. You have to talk to your OB/GYN about inducing. It's a good idea to have a pediatrician when your baby is born so ask around.

• EmLa

I don't understand your question. An ob/gyn is a doctor, a doctor who specializes in obstetrics and gynecology. And ob/gyns do deliver babies! they can also induce you, etc.

Maybe you mean that all you have been seeing is a nurse or a physician's assistant? Is this because of your insurance or are you on some kind of government plan? Why can't you just make an appointment to see a doctor?

• kat

My OB/GYN was the doctor who delivered both of my children. He induced my labor with one child and we scheduled the other to be induced, but he came a couple of days early. Your OB/GYN is your doctor, you should discuss inducing with him. If you mean you need a doctor for the baby, you should already be looking for a pediatrician, but if you don't have one, the pediatrician on call at the hospital will look at the baby when it is born, but you don't need the pediatrician to induce labor.

An OB/GYN is a Doctor. That is who will be delivering your baby. If you are this confused about things this far into your pregnancy, you need to call your Dr. and have things explained to you. By this time you should be pre-registered at the hospital and have a birthing plan figured out.

Um your OB/Gyn should be your delivering doctor. OB stands for Obstetrician. You will need to speak with them. And you still have 3 weeks to go, why are you considering induction? Just let yourself go naturally. Its the best for you and the baby

Isn't you OB/GYN your doctor that's going to deliver?

My OB/GYN is delivering my baby, and I won't see my physician until well after I have the baby (he has no part in this).

It's strange if you have to find a separate doctor aside from your OB.

An OB/GYN delivers babies and you should be going regularly. This Dr. should be the one you discuss this with. The difference between an OB/GYN and a GYN is that the OB/GYN is a Dr. who works with pregnant women and delivers babies and a GYN just deals with female problems, they don't deliver babies. I sure hope you are seeing an OB/GYN, but my guess is you are not. Please find one, your child needs it.

That is the only doctor you need for now, he is the one that will deliver the baby and induce you if you have to be induce. What you need to get soon is a pediatrician for the baby that is affiliated with the hospital you will give birth so he can discharged the baby when he is born and ready to go home

The ob/gyn is your doctor. He/she is the one who will deliver your baby and provide your post-partum care for you. You do need to find a doctor for your baby though...if you haven't already. There will be a pediatrician that sees your baby in the hospital, but you will need one for your baby's checkups!

your OB/GYN is your doctor.

it stands for obstetrics and gynecology.

some drs are just one or the other, so if your dr is just a GYN, then they only do your female stuff, they don't deliver babies.

if that's the case, then they can reccomend a good OB, i'm sure.

take care and i really hope you are just confused and having a moment. i hope you've been seeing a dr regularly for your prenatal visits.