What is considered too young for a 40 year old male to date?

First off let me just say that I am not that 40 year old male. I am just curious as to what people think. Brad Pitt is over 40, correct? Would he be exempt from being too old for lets say a 21 year old because he's good looking? Anyway, what do you think is too young?

• Jet
    Favorite Answer

The rule of thumb is half your age plus 5. So, a 40 year old can confidently date a 25 year old.

• Defiantly under 25 seriously i don't mean too be funny but a 40 year old man shouldn't even date a 21 year old woman they completely have nothing in common a 21 year old is defiantly too young for a 40 year old man unless the 40 year old man looked like a 28 year old man if it's a 49 year old man and a 28 year old woman it wouldn't be a problem is 21 year old woman is not long out of her teen years.

40 or 37? it makes a difference.

If a man is 40 and wants to go out with a 21 year old he is most likely having a hard time dealing with his impending over the hill status. The woman will be 26 when he is having difficulties getting an erection. There is not a 26 year old that wont take that personal. Being too imature to realize the medical factors that cause such things- she will leave. Then he will take it personal. odds are it will not go well- But then there are chances of it working out just fine. Brad Pitt is HOT - still he will not be looking to sow oats - odds are- are you ????good luck!!

• .

I think when people date someone older or younger than themselves, by 10 yrs or more, the chances of having less in common and being at different places in life are increased.

If both parties are legal adults, then it's up to the individuals as to date or not. I've seen and heard of relationships where the parties were 30 or more years apart, but I cannot imagine the appeal there. Just too many differences I would think.

When someone dates a person young enough to be their child or old enough to be their parent, chances are there is something psychological going on there, and it's not just typical attraction/appeal people may have for one another.

On 40 u r still young as well but if u chose a woman ..lets say under 25 .. For the moment will not be a big deal , but latter it will , cos she will still be young and full of life and curious for a lot of things, while u will look for other stuff because u lived hers already. It would be selfish from u to stop her having all this things , and if u will still be willing to keep her happy and do all this things with her still will be too hard for u and u will not have that energy u need.

I would say that about 36 years old is as young as a 40 year old should date. Brad Pitt isn't exempt in my mind though.

I have a tendency to date older men, and I once dated a 45 yo when I was 25. I think it should be more about maturity than anything else. A 21 yo woman is still trying to figure herself out. I think that a 40 yo man should not seek out only 21 yo women, but if he knows the woman well and she is receptive, then what's the big deal? However, it's more a matter of motive than anything else, and in my opinion, a 40 yo man should be willing to date someone who is older if he is willing to date someone who is younger. I always cringe when I see, on internet dating sites, men who are only looking for women who are younger than they are.

• Marie

Brad Pitt is just another old fool thinking he can live his life through younger women. He will find out one day when his good looks are gone and surgery will have done all they can that he is still older. He needs to stop acting like a fool and act his age! Dating a person young enough to be your daughter is awful! Too much of a jump in life experiences and generational differences and interests. No fool like an old fool! Man, a lot of those crusty old things around.......huh? Just my opinion!

My opinion is that a 40 year old should not date anyone more than 10 years younger. Looks and money are not exempt in my book.

I think anything under 30 is too young b/c of the maturity levels of people in their 20's is far different than those in their 30's and 40's. Men are usually delayed 10 years with respect to maturity so a 40 year old man and 30 year old woman are actually on the same level with respect to maturity. :-)