Resume and application?

How long would it take if you put in resumes and applications right before the holidays? Does it take it a while or when New Years is over that is when you start getting phone calls?

Favorite Answer

If it's a job you are really serious about wanting then you don't wait until they call you, you call them it makes them see you are serious about the job. Also a lot of companies are going through Year-end process, so if you don't call them then it could be mid-jan. before you hear anything

It's going to vary by company...some call right away, some wait so long you forgot you even applied! With the job I'm in now, I emailed my resume one day, got called for an interview the following day and was offered the job at my interview the following week. Other times it's taken a minimum of two weeks to get a call back. It's also going to depend on how desparate the company is to fill the position.