Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Do Sea Monkeys hatch far apart from each other?

I have sea monkeys. They have been set up for a couple days now and I can see little things swimming at the top. The thing is, today is the first day I saw anything. I can olny see like 4. Are more waiting to hatch? or is this it? My friends had a lot more :(

• Chad
    Favorite Answer

sounds like dude eggs. usually the brine shrimp all hatch about the same time

Sea Monkeys do normally take a few days to hatch. The first few normally show up after two or three days. If you are hatching them as brine shrimp you normally put in a big pinch of eggs and you can go on seeing more and more new little shrimp for a long time.

However, if you only have a few they are much easier to watch and to take care of. If they hatch over several days you could end up with Sea Monkeys of different sizes and that's more fun to watch.

How many do you need? You might be able to speed up hatching by putting them in a warmer room.

Source(s): Aquarist and Pondkeeper Magazines, Practical Fishkeeping Magazines, Experience of hatching brine shrimp.

It's very possible you have some eggs that have been waiting so long there's no life inside of them anymore. However,you've still got four little guys. =)

Sometimes it does take an extra couple of days for brine shrimp to hatch,too.

Sometimes. It depends. Some of the eggs could be duds. If you don't want to wait, though, you can go to a petstore and buy brine shrimp--that's all sea monkeys are.