promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Help burning avi to DVD?

ok so I see lots of answers about burning...I've tried a million of the suggestions already and am still stuck.

I have tried:

nero

NTC(came with computer)

AVG-converter

I really want something easy and free! Help

Update:

I've already tried the winavi, didn't like it

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Issym
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Okay first..

If your player with play AVI or DIVX all you have to do is burn the AVI onto the DVD in data format.

If your player does not play AVI or DIVX then you need to convert the AVI to VOB, which VOB is the DVD format, then you would use nero to burn as DVD files..

A good program to use for converting.. WinAVIVideoConverter

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

the burning software doesnt matter, it will not make it DVD player compatable.....you need to convert the .avi file to DVD file format....easiest program i have found is WinAVI...it cost money ($30....but after it saves you the cost of 2 movies it has paid for itself), but you can download a trial version to see if it works for you....when burning the files after converting put BOTH files (there will be audio_vs and video_vs...not sure of the _XX after the audio and video, but put use them both even though audio is empty) onto the disc....the dvd needs to have those two folders.

if you have a P2P file sharing program you can probably find a copy of WinAVI with a key generator.

Source(s): it's how i do it.
  • 1 decade ago

you haven't really given much information as to

- what is happening when you are burning a dvd

- would be good to know if the dvd plays in your computer and if it plays in the dvd or if it doesn't play in one or both

or

- does it state that the movie / file doesn't fit on the blank dvd?

also

- which type of blank dvd's are you using? are they compatible with your dvd?

- is your dvd burner a double layer dvd burner?

- which format are you burning in (example NTSC - which is for North America or PAL - which is usually for some European countries) - check in the Options section of your burn program to make sure you're burning in the correct one

- which program versions are on your computer (example Nero 6, Nero 7, express edition, home edition, vision 4 edition? etc)

- you might want to check the Nero website, NTC website, AVG website

- or click on the Help button (and search for step by step instructions) in each of those programs

listed below is the nero website - check under the tutorials for a step by step guide

http://www.nero.com/enu/Support.html

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.