In 1950's a Christian book about 2 small girls, 2 different stories, Dorothy & ? or Little Dot & ? Seek Title

Book was paperback, 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 size, about 1/2" thick. Have no idea when originally published, daddy brought it to us in 1950's.

The two girls may have been connected in the stories. I do remember the sections were mainly about each of the girls. It seems the title was Dorothy and ?? or Little Dot and ?? or vice versa or 2 different names. I recall it being heartwarming, since I cried. I know I will recognize it, if I hear the title.

If I can locate the title, will then see if I can find the book. I am expecting a granddaughter and would love to find it for her. Totally driving me nuts! Thanks for any suggestions.

Title is Whiter than Snow and Little Dot, published by Mrs. O. F. Walton in 1873 or 93 - I've forgotten already. Thank you to all who helped me locate the name. Below is a description I located - excellent reading.

These are two excellent stories both dealing with the Scripture "Though your sins be scarlet, they shall be whiter than snow." Whiter than Snow is a tender, sad story about a lonely little girl who ponders what the words she once heard "whiter than snow" might mean. Another young girl befriends her and begins to help her learn about Jesus. Little Dot is about a small girl who lives near a cemetery where one day she observes the funeral of a small girl just her size. She wonders what happened to her, and where she went after she died. Her questions are answered by the end of the story. (Paperback)