Ok so asking a question about race causes anger?

Any question taht does not downgrade a race is one that should be ok. Asian women are protrayed as being submissive, cacassion are seen soft and lack participation, Black women are protrayed as very active, Hispanic are portrayed as hot. Would the question have been more acceptable if I refered to Latin males versus Americans?

Favorite Answer

I do not see anything wrong with this question. You are stating stereotypes. It is not what you say, but how you say it. And some people are just overly sensitive. God bless****

It's actually possible to make racial comments within certian specific contexts, and fget away with it.

For example, with the black guys in my ghetto hometown negihborhood I can call them 'Hey ******' and they think it's great, as they pat my back and say, 'What's up, marshmellow hunky boy?'

But if I merely breathe the N word at any of the universities where I work, it would be a breach of their rules and a breach of good manners, so I alter my speech to fit my environment.

People do this all the time. Many men tend to use words around each other that they don't use around their mother.

Because race has been used for so many centuries to hurt people, you have to respect them and not hurt them more by saying things that offend, if you want to be kind.

Yahoo Answers is a great place to be yourself -- but watch out! if you come from a small, place with a homogenous population (all one race, one culture, one language) then you might be in for a shock here.

At Yahoo answers there are people from all over the world. This multi-cultural forum requires mutual respect, for everyone to get along.

But if you make racist comments, questions or answers, folks here will probably give you a hard time, yes, because they know better from interacting with many diverse people.

Ask the question that you need to ask, even if everyone else makes fun and calls you a racist -- how else will you learn?

And after all, there are no stupid questions, just stupid attitudes.

By the way, last time I checked being Latin was not a condition which prevents someone from also being American, you internet Cowboy, you!

I think questions about race that can be scientifically studied are fine. Stereotyping is not the same as questioning. Stereotypes are over-generalizations, inaccurate views of groups of people. If you lump people together and claim that all or most of them are _(fill in the blank)_ but you don't have the scientific evidence to back up your claim, then you are stereotyping. When you stereotype, people will regard you as ignorant. The people you stereotype will also regard you as offensive for spreading inaccurate views of them. I'm Asian, and I'm not submissive. How would you like it if I went around saying that people like you are implusive?

• smm

given the extremely large number of people in the world, this statement is just freaken ridiculous. it doesn't even fly in the us. not only are you grouping peoples but you're doing it based on strange groupings. If you decide all of these groups based on what a select group of people tell you to think (and you are, i can tell by the way you've grouped them) then you're sliding quickly into racism. And angry is too much credit, i think it's more like the frustration you feel when people say something particularly ridiculous and then try to convince you it's not ridiculous.

Try reading some sociological studies on groups in America, then you can start stereotyping groups at least intelligently.

and HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE!! Sheesh.

• gove

residing and functioning in cutting-edge civilization comprises utilizing and killing animals- and that incorporates vegans like your self. you may fake otherwise in case you want, yet in truth, each and every time a vegan makes use of a motor vehicle or different transportation, mows the backyard, takes out the trash, or purchases a product (which incorporates vegan nutrition) that vegan is killing animals, both straight away or indirectly. That those animals would nicely be small invertebrates extremely than pigs and chickens basically serves to coach your man or woman "speciesism". comparing that to slavery or racism is beside the point, and is an insult to those stricken with the help of it.

To funny spy!

dayum that was a hoot

There is no comparrison between Latino male and Americans. Americans are hard workers, 1/2 Educated and make better pizza. Ameican Males also will eat a poonany faster than any Latino would.

Amercan woman are hot, specially the ones that get boobie jobs.

Latin woman are Hot, even better with boobie jobs.

Negress woman are Hot! even better with bobbie jobs.

wonder how far I can go with that yamster ninja chucks hitting me...

It should be classifying the traits of each race..... I think that should have been it.