Is it better to go to school or take online graphic design courses?

I want to find an exciting trade and I think graphic design/web design is an exciting field. I dont have any experience in either and I am not a gifted drawer. I however am the creative type and I need a job that will allow me to display creativity, not bore me so easily, and offer great wages even if you are doing it part time. I work fulltime so I wanted to find a great online program that I can at least get an associate's degree. But do you think its better to learn and get a better understanding of the field if you physically go to a school. I live in NY by the way

Thanks

Favorite Answer

School....

That depends on the individual. Some people do well in a school setting. Some do well in an on-line setting. Some people need extra help. A school setting would be ideal for a person can get feedback from their instructors or their peers. Some people don't need a lot of help so on-line schooling would be better. Also there is the time and cost factors. Does a person have enough time with their job, family, etc. Would it be more costly to pay for a school setting or an on-line course. Just do the research and the best of luck to you.

care yo azz to school fool

You live in one of the nation's most prominent art industries, and you have so many choices! NYC is loaded with great art schools and colleges. Pratt, School of Visual Arts, Columbia University, NYU, Parsons, etc.

You should get a portfolio together of all of your work so far. You will need this for your interview. I wouldn't go for the online courses because I feel you will be robbed of that one on one education that can only be met in person.

I am an art educator and taught HS art for many years. I hope I have helped you.

A school could have the advantage of being in a complete learning environment, consisiting of teachers you could ask questions and other students that you help you learn as you go.

You might need to consider the cost factor too, however, along with practicality according to your circumstances.

def school.... looks like ur starting off with graphic design... let say u realize u dont like it u end up with nothing....with school at the end u like it or not u will have a degree...plus u ll socialize more and get some street smart....

Depends on how well you work by yourself, are you going to need alot of help? Are you a fast learner? Do you need someone to explain things to you before you understand?