How do I give my hair more volume without making it frizzy or poofy?

Maybe a really good quality hair product?

My hair is also naturally curly and that's how I wear it, curly. And I don't normally blow dry it, even with a diffuser, it still makes it you know, rough or poofy feeling. Just looking for a really good hair product. I'm using some but I want something better. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

MATRIX Extra Big Trix. Super-strong boost-it mousse. Apply to hair when wet, right before blow drying then style. I received this for Christmas and i love it. It gives your hair volume with out frizz, i have the same hair problems but this works great. Blow drying hair upside down gives hair even more volume.

Try Mixed Chicks Leave-in conditioner. Apply to clean, wet hair and air dry. About halfway through the drying process hang your head upside down for a moment and shake your head. Do this one or two more times, but don't blow or towel. Once your hair is dry you can pull as necessary. This should make it soft without frizz and your curls will be defined. If you still want it bigger, you are going to have to go with some sort of (I hate to say it) hairspray that will hold it up. That's how celebs do it, but then it's going to be stiff. The only other way I know around the stiff-trade-off is to use a hair piece that hides/integrates into and slighty under your own hair. You may need a salon stylist for that. If you are in L.A., Shirlina Allen in Beverly Hills rocks. Check Beyonce or Jessica Simpson picts... They usually have some extra piece or even extensions.

In addition to product, try shampoos that give more body-- I know that pantene in particular has a good line of products for limp hair (I prefer pantene over name brand stuff hands down for adding volume). Also blowdry in the opposite direction in which your hair grows e.g. move the hair dryer along from bottom to top.

I have really straight hair that just lays and looks really crappy, so I use Big Sexy Hair products and before I dry my hair I put either some mousee or styling gel in my hair and tip my head upside down to dry it. It works good for me, so hopfully it does for you to.

Lean over and wash your hair upside down, in the shower. Then, blow it dry upside down, using product as usual.

Try Kiehl's hair products.