Ovulation and fertiltiy cramping question, im confused.!?

Ok, i am a little more than confused. I was told that Fertile days and Ovulation day are different. Only one egg is released during each cycle. (on ovulation day). If this is the case why would I, or anyone for that matter, experience ovulation cramping days before ovulation even occurs?

not everyone has the means of getting that book sweetie.

Favorite Answer

Let me start by saying each womans body is different and thus reacts differently to different fertility stages. Some women do not have any pre-menstrual symptoms, and others are bed ridden the week before, during and after their expected AF. So it makes sense that everyones ovulation symptoms vary from person to person.

Well, I'm not too sure of what that actually means but I will tell you what I know. Around the time of ovulation some women experience "cramping". It's actually your ovaries releasing an egg and it feels more like you having gas. Most women don't even recognize that they are ovulating because of the fact that it feels just like being bloated. The pain tends to alternate sides each month because your ovaries only release one egg on one side each month.(one month it may be the left and another month the right) The time of ovulation are your fertile days, and those should be the 12-14th day after the first day of your cycle.

I can feel when I ovulate, and so can some other women, just listen to your body, and remember what I told you about the "cramping" or the bloated feeling of gas, it changes sides every month, and you should be experiencing it about 2 weeks after the first day of your last cycle.

Fertile days and ovulation days are different in that your body will ovulate on a given day but you are considered "fertile" up to 2 days before and 2 days after because sperm can live inside the vagina for up to 3 days. Cramping around this time is more a result of the hormone cycle your body goes through and generally most women don't feel ovulation cramping - just menstruation-related cramping.

You get cramps before the egg is released because the egg is incased in a cyst that is swelling. This causes pain in some women. Once you ovulate the pain should stop.

You are more likely to get pregnant if you have sex in the days leading up to ovulation, so you should have sex while you are cramping.

This is my standard answer......... go get a book called Taking Charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler

This book will help you with all of your menstrual and conception questions. It’s for all women - not just women trying to conceive. It covers everything from temperature to mucus checking, etc.. It will help you understand your body and all the myths about it. It will help you time when you are ovulating and the best times to conceive – or not! It tells you how to figure out your cycle and what to expect. My husband and I tried for a year to conceive and nothing happened. The first month I used the book we conceived right away. Now I am due Feb 2. It's about knowing your body and knowing when you are fertile or not. You can pick and choose what you do with your info. Good luck and don't listen the all the myths