What do you think of sexless marriages?

Favorite Answer

There are many types of marriage I don't see a problem with marriage without sex for surely a relationship is based on a much broader spectrum than the physical alone. Marriage is a negotiated state between two people. It can be a joining together of two souls whose life could be lonely apart. A loyalty to be there and protect each other. A deep and true friendship. I'd settle for that.

I met my current boyfriend because he is in a sexless marriage. He told me he tried every effort but she was not interested and he really wanted it. Therefore, he went out looking for someone. I think if this is you, you need to find out why there is no sex. Is he not interested? Because he may have someone already. Are you not interested? Maybe you are on medicine that causes side effects. For whatever reason, you should really talk about it and how much it may or may not mean to the both of you. You want to love and trust one another don't you?

• Johann

Unless both partners are impotent and happy with that situation I can't see any reason why a marriage would be sexless.

Have you every ask why your partner does not want sex? Have you went to counciling? It takes two to have sex in a marriage , try courting your partner like you did when you were dating and see if that turns them on. There is a reason go looking for the reason, don't just run away from the marriage.

Yuck, a sexless marriage!! Sex is one of the best benefits of being married. Sex whenever you want, alway having it available, and with someone you love. Sexless marriage has no good benefits. I wouldn't do it.

i think after a while with one person it gets kinda boring so yes your marrige can be sexless but you have to come up with some ideas to bring back the spark but i dont think a sexless marrige is a happy marrige b/c if it was you would get some

I think that there is so much more to a marriage than sex,that it should take a back seat anyway.Hard to believe I've been married for 22 years ,huh?There is nothing in your vows about giving up sex whenever he/she wants it.It is to love,honor,cherish,support,and if you don't want it and you are both fine with it,what's the big deal.He took me in sickness in health,and for better or worse,sickness and health.Where does it say sex.Sounds like a lot of you don't know the difference between sex and showing{making}love.

Sex isn't the only reason to get married, but it is an important tool to draw closer together. Marriage is about being close, loving one another, wanting the other's happiness more than your own. Sex is an essential part of marriage, but if both parties are fine abstaining, then it could work.

I think you need to wrok on why it is sexless? Have you done anything to cause your husband not to want to have sex with you. We need to also evaluate ourselves first. Trying being someone in his life that he enjoys being around instead of bitc**** and nagging, Try solving some problems on your own. Men experience a lot of stress and the home should be his haven. Is it? God bless you

I think it will end up in infidelity. I have never and would never cheat on my wife. Were separated now and don't have sex but about once every three weeks. Right now were going on about a month without sex because she is so depressed and let her self go and is a basketcase basically. I hate it, but I am actually considering on finding me someone else just to get layed. You would think she would be worried about me being satisfied, but she isn't. So, to answer your question I think it will end up a mess to not have sex in a marriage.