Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Do you believe in fortune tellers?

Here people go to the temple and talk to the monks and ask about their furure and they really believe what the monks tell them. Naturally they have to pay and the more they pay the better their furure will be.

I know very well how they do tell futrues that come true and I have mentioned it to some here but they don't believe me so now I keep quiet.

Fortune tellers are totaly lost if you won't talk to them and answer their questions. You that go are the ones that tell your own future.

Favorite Answer

Fortune tellers use a method called cold reading; this is asking questions by making certain broad statements that the victim, or suckers, as they're known in the trade, agree to. Next time you watch Lisa Williams, note how she's always asking if the person agrees with her statement.

You need to read "Flim-Flam!" by James Randi

Sometimes people tell you exactly what you want to hear and it makes you happy. Sometimes people tell you something about the future and maybe it plants that seed in your mind and you seek it out (if a Fortune teller told you that you would grow up to be a famous surgeon, you might start thinking about going to med-school). That's what fortune tellers do.

I think that the people that go to fortune tellers usually get exactly what they want out of it (if it's to prove a fraud, they find it. If it's to find their direction in life, they can be pointed in a direction). But I don't think there is any special gift that people have.

Some monks will tell the future by reading a persons aura, another might do it with a spiritual guide. Both are open to the errors of interpetation.

No. They'd all be rich and not have to make money from suckers. They'd know what numbers were going to win at the track and keep putting a bundle on them.

Personally i don't .

For me life has to be fun i like the unexpected.Life wouldn't be fun if we knew our future.

When i was little my mom went to a fortuneteller (a priest) She was freshly divorced, and he told mom she will marry for the 2nd time. My mom is divorced since 12 years and she didn't marry and she sais she never will.

He also told my mom that she has 2 children...infact she has 3...

So...my oppinion...NO, they are fakers.

i read on a bk that most fortune tellers are cheats and they generally say the same stuff to everyone

YES THERE REAL! I kinda am one everything iv predicted came true, and I'm 13, i don't rip off ppl! They ask me 2 do tell um so don't think I'm usein magic thats just cheap crap.

• rbarc

Absolutely not! You are right, they are just good at predicting things based on the past.

no,I dont. even though they predict the truth many a times, it's better thet we stay away from all these stuff

If they were really psychic friends, wouldn't they be calling you.