Just curious...how many people use IE7? How does it work for you? Do you actually LIKE it?

I don't particularly like it myself, it seems to lag my computer. I asked a few personal friends what they thought about it, and they said the same thing.

Favorite Answer

Not enough to convince me to drop firefox, but when ive been using it i have had no problems at all. In fact i quite like the anti-alias text effect. And the closer rendering to W3C standards is a massive plus for a web developer like me

I don't mind IE7. It's a knock off of Mozilla Firefox. Microsoft just finally caught up with what users wanted. Tabbed browsing.

My issue with it is that the websites we make at my job use IE6, and it creates issues with users that have upgraded. Not to mention if I use it to do some online shopping, all my settings were reset and popups were all blocked. Seems like a lot of time to devote just to get the browser to act like you want it to.

Don't really care for the menu set ups. Tabs are nice, but Firefox is still more straight forward and easier to use.

I really don't agree with how Microsoft throws it into a Windows update. My mom accepted that update then she freaked out when she couldn't figure out why all the toolbars looked different. I had to downgrade her pc because she's a creature of habit. And that was a pain too....

I'm loving it.

The built in feed reader is great as I love being able to combine tasks that used to require two programs into one.

Second, I love the tabbed browsing. It's just cool and convenient.

Last...this is really stupid, but with IE6 the customized icons never stayed in my favorites. Like for Yahoo! Answers, it shows the exclamation bubble with an * inside. IE6 would load it into my favorites but if I didn't go to the website every day or so the icon would default back to the IE6 logo. I know that's stupid but I like it.

At any rate, there's just a lot of little things that I like about IE7 that make it better to me.

• I agree - I see a lag, and I prefer the tried and true interface of IE6 to the streamline IE 7. The only real + was the tabbed browsing, but you can achieve the same effect with the Yahoo! Toolbar.

I don't use it on a regular basis -- I use Firefox, but when I have to use IE (the new vesion...7.x) I can't say I like it much.

Yesterday I wanted to examine the page source of a page I was looking at and couldn't find it anywhere in IE's menus. I finally did, but what a pain.

Granted that's probably not a feature most users would want, but as far as I can see, all they have really done is re-arrange things.

Re-arranging doesn't = better.

I wish they'd 'get' that, but they don't. All in all I don't care for it.

I love the new IE7. I was not going to upgrade until a friend "made" me try it. The tabbed browsing thing is really nice once you get used to it. The new phishing filter might save some folks from getting duped by aholes on the internet.

I'm not experiencing any performance impact, but I'm having a hard time getting used to it. IE is trying to emulate Mozilla, and I like the tabs, but now I can't navigate intuitively as with earlier IE. I think they were trying to be too clever for anyone's good.

Since Mozilla, in my opinion, doesn't live up to its hype (mainly because it doesn't play well with applications like Gmail), I'm trying to adapt to IE - but Microsoft isn't making it easy.

Its alright. It lags on pictures but I have dial up.

Never. I use Firefox because I enjoy never having popups.

• Neo

i dont like it very much its just there.. lol.. i use opera and firefox