Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 decade ago

If you are going to drink on New Years, will a sober person drive?

Favorite Answer

"Lets see here if someone has 2 drinks after work and drives home we are going to take their license and completely destroy their life. They may as well just ban drinking altogether. By the way NO I have not had a DUI"

----------------

Nice mentality. "WE" are not going to destroy their life. "They" do that to themselves if they choose to break the law and get busted. Get the responsibility right. Also, if you drink 6 and drive you are definitely a loser. Whatcha gonna say the day you finally do get caught while you killed some guys daughter and he's beating your punk a** into the pavement beside his dead daughter's body? Hang up your cell, close your laptop, put the beer in the trunk, and drive. Be a professional driver, not a punk loser.

I will be drinking, but not traveling. If I am traveling I would not drink and would be the sober driver. It can sometimes be more fun soberly watching all of the drunk people (at the bar).

It would not be intelligent to have even one drink then drive on such a night where the cops will be out in force, to on one occasion, enforce a law made by politicians who have no actual training (except their own drinking and driving) in what blood alcohol limit actually impares driving.

By the way police congrats on becoming the most hated profession, passing accountants (who take money just for counting money) and Lawyers (who take a lot of money for doing little). At least both of these give some type of return for the money they earn, and by the way, headackes and harassment of people trying to have a good time within the law are not returns most people are interested in. (one night while driving friends home from the bar (I did not drink because I was driving), I was stopped because one of my license plate lights was out (there are two on my car). This warranted a full sobriety test by the cops who stopped me. GET REAL.)

I'm working New Year's Eve at my part-time retail job. The store closes at 8:00 p.m. but I have to work until 8:30 p.m. Will I be drinking? No way! I value my driver's license too much and don't feel comfortable riding with anyone else, especially cab drivers. Anyone who even has one drink on New Year's Eve is taking a chance because the cops are out there and will stop anyone just so they can meet their daily ticket quota.

Always, I watch people drink and drive and it really upsets me. Can't these people start thinking about the problems it could cause for not only them, but for other people trying to just get home for the night. I listen to stupid people say oh I am alright to drive worse case something happens to me, but what about all those people out there, that are not drinking that you could possible get into a car accident with....If i drink someone will always be driving me home.

I just might. Depends how much I drink. I can assure you that after 6 drinks I am much better off driving than some of these idiots on the road who haven't slept in days. Do they lose their license though when they wreck and kill someone? I think not! This drinking and driving crap has become nothing but a political issue. It's absolutely ridiculous. Lets see here if someone has 2 drinks after work and drives home we are going to take their license and completely destroy their life. They may as well just ban drinking altogether. By the way NO I have not had a DUI.

If I am driving I will not have a drink. Period.

While I am certain that I would be able to drive safely after one drink, I still choose not to. The current DWI laws have become far too Draconian.

(And NO I have never had a DUI/DWI either)

I might have a drink at home - but will not be going any where. I think it is a good idea to have DUI and DWI laws and stiff ones - if some jerk kills some one in my family I hope they fry. It is not a waste of my money paid in taxes to protect me and the ones I love as well as the ones you love. I think drunk drivers are given too many chances to screw up and it takes killing some one before they actually are off the street. In case you don't know it Drunk drivers are killers.

Will drink: will not get into a car for 24 hours no matter who is driving.

No, I won't be drinking. 1, because I'm under age and 2. because I'm responsible and 3. I don't have much driving experience. I hope if you choose to drink, you are smart about it.

Are taxi drivers sober on New Year's eve ?