promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
louise c asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

can I die from a bad cavity?

I have a really bad cavity in my wisdom tooth,

the whole lot is black, and only half grown. I have felt sick lately with extremely bad tooth ach.

I will live for another week though right?

- before I can get to the dentist!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 666K9
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Blood Poisening, please go see a Doc!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A cavity? No. But make sure you get the tooth treated ASAP. I would call the dentist and get an earlier appointment.

If a tooth becomes abscessed you can die if you don't get treated. I saw a program on Discovery Health where this man had an abscessed tooth, didn't go to the dentist, the infection moved into his jaw bone and then down his neck and it killed him. When they did the autopsy (on Dr. G's show) and opened his chest it was full of the infection.

• 1 decade ago

Once a tooth becomes severely painful and/or throbs or hurts when you tap on it, a root canal infection is the likely cause. If left untreated, these infections can spread to other parts of your body, including your brain, where they can cause severe and sometimes deadly effects.

It is important that you see a dentist right away. But depending on how long you have had the toothache, it is unlikely your infection has become serious. If you experience any facial swelling below your eye, or pain near your eye, or have troubles breathing call a doctor (not a dentist) immediately.

• 1 decade ago

I had a tooth abcess and left it due to extreme fear of dentist by the time i got there it had spread to my jaw bone and required an operation and the removal of 3 teeth to sort me out, none of which wud have been necessary had i have gone straight away. So PLEASE get to a dentist and get it checked out asap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You CAN die from a bad tooth...i think the disease is called bacterial endocarditis...but dont quote me on it. The bacteria builds up in the system. You should take care of this ASAP. Have heard alot of stories about people gettting bad problems with bad dental health.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its your Donald Duck .. you could could die from a paper cut on your finger.. all depends on your body being fit enough to deal with it.. If you stay in the UK - get on the phone to NHS 24 - Now..they will get you fixed up with a Doctor/Dentist

• 1 decade ago

If this is infected and becomes sepsis (an infection in your blood) you could become seriously ill and even die. Don't walk, run to a dentist.

• 1 decade ago

no but if really bad there r chances yes but your teeth can get very very very badly affected

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea you cant from blood poisining and blood poisining can be cause by that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.