Lotus
Lotus asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

For those of you who experienced a heightened sense of smell during pregnancy?

When did you first experience that? A few weeks into pregnancy or a few months? Also, did you have alot of headaches? Thanks!

Also, if I get still for more than 5 minutes, I fall asleep. Anyone else experience that?

Favorite Answer

I experienced it within the first four weeks. It's awful!! It gets much worse. I also had massive headaches. I lived on Tylenol.

I first started noticing that right away! Probably when I was about 5 weeks pregnant or so. I am 10 weeks now. I have also experienced a lot of headaches. I think that is normal though.

I had a lot of headaches the first three months, and my smell always increased right away in the beginning, that was one of the ways I always knew I was pregnant. I would get morning sickness, and could smell everything, which made my morning sickness worse. It lasted for me, the sense of smell, throughout the whole pregnancy.

Im tired all the time but, never experienced actually fallling asleep...I never got headaches real bad with my hightened sense of smell and it varies on how strong it gets sometimes, but I experinced it about a month or so into pregnancy

I got more headaches than usual in the begining of my pregnancy.

I'd say the smell thing kicked in about the same time as my morning sickness... about 8-9 weeks.

Totally normal..welcome to pregnancy. I had the smell problem Very early on with two of my pregnancies. With my first daughter...it was the smell of chinese foor that made me want to vomit! And I LOVED chinese food! I didn't eat it again for like a year after I had her!!

Then with this current pregnancy...Ranch dressing, butter, sour cream, and chicken (Any kind) Makes me naseaus! Sucks doesn't it!

Hang in there..it will get better. Oh...and the sleep thing....I actually dozed off while driving...so BE CAREFUL!!

Source(s): Mommy to four and 38 weeks with #5!

A lot of headaches, yes. My sense of smell peaked when I was around seven months. My mom came by my house to take me to the doctor, and I got in the car and said, "Mom, you smell like Dr. Pepper." Which is odd, because she hates the stuff, and drinks Diet Coke. But she smelled just like Dr. Pepper. It was weird.

i am 21 weeks and my sense of smell is still pretty good there lol it started very early before my test read positive.

i have been having headaches so far and i just posted one on headaches this morning because i have been having them and i got many replies saying its a hormonal thing and blood volume.

good luck!!

I don't remember headaches. With my first, I got it around the second trimester but it went away by the time I got to my third trimester. With my second, it was pretty much just the first trimester. I remember just being digusted by the smell of ketchup.

within the first couple weeks of being pregnant.... lasted until the 6th month

no headaches, and I normally get them a lot but for whatever reason when I'm pregnant I don't get them

Source(s): Life