Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Not fair!!!?

Lots of people say preppy people are cocky and hate emo people and anyone else that's 'below' their rep. I'm a prep.I'm not cocky or hate emo people.I have lots of people that go to my church and are emo or punk and i'm their besties.I just don't get why people who aren't prep (ugh i hate labels) think that when i walk in the room wearing abercrombie and all that stuff it autimatically means i'm full of my self and hate people not like me.Why do people do this?

Favorite Answer

People do that because they are insecure about themselves.

They have to bring down others who are secure about themselves.

At my high school everyone wears Hollister, American Eagle, and Aeropostale.

The few people (including me) who wear abercrombie Kids/ Abercrombie & Fitch are called preppy and rich.

I am definately not rich, but I'm not sure about preppy.

I have a lot of emo and gothic friends, and they like me for who I am; not what I wear.

They are my TRUE FRIENDS.

I know what you're going through.

Kids will be kids, I guess...

Happy Holidays

• Becca

If you hate labels, stop using them. That is the stereotype that comes with labels. Don't listen to what other people say about you, the only thing that matters is what you think about yourself.

Stereotyping. Most preppies I knew when I was in school were snotty little brats, and it was shocking to find one who wasn't.

People assume that because most of the preppies they know suck, you're going to, too.

because you care too much about the way you and other ppl look. you say you hate labels and label urself as a prep. that makes you a hypocryte too. we just dont like you cuz ppl like you care too much about how other ppl look. you say you dont care about what ppl look like, yet you wear brands like stupid abercrombie. im sry if i offended you. leave us alone and well leave you alone too.

• Jessy

because so many people who are "preppy" or well off are jerks and self centered/serving individuals who snub the rest of us middle class folks. try being genuine and not bubbly and fake and maybe they will take you serious.

Your speicies go by several other names, the most popular being "Starbucks Sippers".

They do that because they think your clothes should let them group you into one big stereotype.

I would guess that after a few hundred preps kicking them around they would be reasonable to be leery of you.

they are stereo types of people and unfortunatelly our society has made people to be very judgemental. xj

merry christmas