Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

How long do bearded dragons live?

We just got a bearded dragon how long do they live?

Favorite Answer

In household set ups usually around 6 to 12 years depending of course on care.

Bearded dragon usually live around 6-10 years in captivity and proper care.

Well, today I just buried our pet bearded Dragon. It is 3/2/2016 and we purchased him at about 3months old in October of 1998 for our sons birthday. 17 1/2 years old. He was a bit cranky in his last years but who wouldn't be at his age. They do live a good while if you take care of them. RIP Gex

7-10

5-6 to 11-12

6-12 years

My first one lived 17 yrs , I had him out of his cage a lot and was careful what I fed him.I also found that he liked to have a replica bearded dragon in his cage as he likes to sleep on it and in general touch it a lot.

The size of the dragon & length of time a bearded dragon lives depends on its environment. The bigger the cage, the bigger it gets in order to adapt. The better the conditions, the easier it is to survive. So I would suggest every two days cleaning out his cage & feeding him a variety of foods that will promote longevity.

as said in previous answers, they live about 7-10 years. However, there are several factors that can help them live longer. A variety of food like veggies and live prey as well as dry beardie food is great for them. Being handled all throughout their lives tends to lead to longer lafe spans and the less stress the better in their environment. Watch out for cats or dogs who constantly bat at the cage as this adds a lot of stress to the beardie. Also mating can enhance life span. Make sure you have a large enough tank too because they can actually die from being too constricted in a small environment- they are around 16-18 inches when full grown and they need plenty of room to walk and an area to bask and another area to cool down.

they live from 5 - 10 years

A beareded dragon can live up to 25 years mine is 6 years old. my friend (who is a vet) had his for 24 years till it pasted but you have to take really good care of them to have them live that long