Help my airconditioner stopped working!!!!?

I have a Copeland CR32K6-PFV-260 and a few days ago stopped working. The fan spins but the air coming in is not cold. I checked the breaker and that was not the problem. It has some dirt in the unit but I am having problems getting it out because it has ants and I am VERY ALLERGIC please if this is something I'm not doing please tell me. Maybe a reset switch.... Please Help and Merry Christmas!!!

Favorite Answer

air conditioners take freeon a substance that your air conditioner uses and needs to be able to create the cool air a professional will have to put the freeon in your air conditioner for you

As for the ants they may have clogged the electrical connection to the compressor. Go to you local rental center or Home Depot, Lowe's etc.. Rent a shop vac pour a 1/2 gallon of bleach in the vac then suck up the ants this will kill them and maybe help the system to work and you can just dump and rinse the vacuum sry all i can think of gl.

my best guess is that ants have gotten into the contractor and the points are fried. call a service guy tomorrow, sounds like it'll be cheaper than going to the hospital for ant bites.

Possum, hvac guy

Sounds like either a capacitor, or the charge is blown...you need a tech...sorry

Source(s): A/C Tech

"ants have gotten into the contractor "

is this why they can be such jerks on the job site :Þ

Call a mechanic you lousy money-saving idiot