I like a guy who confessed to me that he only wants to be friends?

I hanged out with this guy for three months. We had great time together. He asked me out whenever he has free time. I like him a lot and I felt he likes me as well.

But when I told him that I like him, he said he only wants to be friends because he is not ready for a relationship. And he said he was seeing a girl last summer. She studies abroad now.

Then he said he thought I am great and he was really thankful that he met me.

I couldnt understand why he flirted with me and never mentioned the girl before. And now he still asks me out and pretends nothing happened.

But I still like him. What should I do?

He just helped me move. And he said he would visit me soon. I wanna make him a dinner. But what I'm fancying in my mind is what I probably will do when we have dinner and wine in my room.

I may kiss him. I dont know if I do that what may happen. I just cannt get rid of him. I know in my mind I have already not considered him as a friend.

What should I DO?

• Kaia
    Favorite Answer

Some guys really don't want to be more than friends. Since he's come out and told you that, you need to accept it.

I have a guy friend whom I absolutely love and adore. We've been friends for 9 years. When I met him, I was involved with someone else, and he still gave me the "I don't get romantically involved with friends, because I don't want to ruin the friendship" speech. I took him at his word, and I have never (and would never) try to change his mind on the subject.

Not every relationship has the potential for being something "more". Sometimes, you're friends and that's all you're going to be. Honestly, guy friends are wonderful!! It's a little weird sometimes, but take him at his word and accept what he says.

• Rocky

Just be friends with the guy and get used to that. Don't EVER give him sex because then he will think he can use you. Maybe just find another guy who will return the same love that you give to him.

Times change, ask him out

Enjoy your time with him and be friends. In time it may grow to be something more.

• tell him u like him