Hello! I am a spanish girl, who lives in London. I have got mongolian girlfriend. My question is:?

Can we get married in the spanish embassy in China? or is possible to get married in the spanish consul in Mongolia? Thanks

• Favorite Answer

I have no idea- it would depend on which has recognised the legal union of same sex marriages. I would hazard a guess that China would not and the Spanish Embassy in China accordingly would seek not to create diplomatic hassles.

So I'd suppose the Spanish Embassy of a non Sino nation if that makes any sense.

Best of luck. Send me your honeymoon night movie sweety ;).

• Mardy

I cannot speak for the Mongolians or Spanish, but generally diplomats do not like their offices being used for private parties.

Plus even for heterosexual marriages it is a legal headache - would the marriage be recognised as being done in the country of the embassy, or the country the embassy is situated in?

I guess if that happened more often, China would be able to decrease it's growth rate, wouldn't they.......