how many weeks did the bridges of Madison county spend on publishers weekly bestsellers list longer than any?

other in 1990s

Favorite Answer

The only bestsellers list I can find with time spent listed was the same as the other answerer. 3 years on the New York Times. It has sold more than 50 million copies worldwide.

The site I'm linking you to said, in the books early days, Publishers Weekly and many other places gave it some pretty bad reviews! There is a lot of additional information on the site also.

http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/courses/bestse...

I never did read this book, but now that I've spent a lot of time in Iowa with the man I love, I might just give it a try. Thanks for the reminder.

Merry Christmas,

Karma.

x

On the New York Times Best Seller list for 3 years (and number 1 for 38 weeks), it topped Gone with the Wind in 1995 as the best-selling fiction book of all time (in hardcover, no less).