If your name is Jesus, is it a sin to say "I'm the real Jesus"?

It's a fairly common Spanish name, after all.

Favorite Answer

My brother is named Jésus(Jesus in French). He plays around sometime. We even called him Christ (this is not approved by the Catholic church). I am not that into religion, but I don't see why God would be angry about this.

By the way, I am not Spanish, I'm Haitian.

The word THE in your statement makes it a sin in my opinion. Cause you are claiming to be THE Jesus Lord. I don't take it like that if you were to say "I'm a real Jesus".

No, it is just a name and the son of God had a normal name "Jesus". It makes no sense that it is a sin.

NO it is not a sin, there was another man back in Jesus time that was also called Jesus, but he & any after them was NOT JESUS THE CHRIST( annointed one)

I think the Bible is referring to a case where someone says, "I am the real Saviour, who will deliver you from death and give you eternal life." However, I would hope that someone would be mature enough not to make petty jokes like that.

In the translation I read, Jesus said: I am he.

Everything is a sin to some people.So I suppose it depends on who you ask.

but in spanish its not pronounced jesus its pronounced he-zus

Source(s): ...

Only if you're claiming to be Lord. Other than that, claiming to be yourself is okay.

No cuz its not on religion issues