Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If your name is Jesus, is it a sin to say "I'm the real Jesus"?

It's a fairly common Spanish name, after all.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My brother is named Jésus(Jesus in French). He plays around sometime. We even called him Christ (this is not approved by the Catholic church). I am not that into religion, but I don't see why God would be angry about this.

By the way, I am not Spanish, I'm Haitian.

• 1 decade ago

The word THE in your statement makes it a sin in my opinion. Cause you are claiming to be THE Jesus Lord. I don't take it like that if you were to say "I'm a real Jesus".

• 1 decade ago

No, it is just a name and the son of God had a normal name "Jesus". It makes no sense that it is a sin.

• 1 decade ago

NO it is not a sin, there was another man back in Jesus time that was also called Jesus, but he & any after them was NOT JESUS THE CHRIST( annointed one)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think the Bible is referring to a case where someone says, "I am the real Saviour, who will deliver you from death and give you eternal life." However, I would hope that someone would be mature enough not to make petty jokes like that.

• 1 decade ago

In the translation I read, Jesus said: I am he.

• 1 decade ago

Everything is a sin to some people.So I suppose it depends on who you ask.

• 1 decade ago

but in spanish its not pronounced jesus its pronounced he-zus

Source(s): ...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only if you're claiming to be Lord. Other than that, claiming to be yourself is okay.

• 1 decade ago

No cuz its not on religion issues

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.