I've seen people lose friends because they changed for them, but what if no-one likes you the way you are?

• Kaia
    Favorite Answer

Well, if no one likes you the way you are, it's one of two things.

Either you're hanging out with the wrong people, which can be resolved by finding people who appreciate you for who you are.

Or..there is some inherent personality flaw that you need to work on.

The acid test...if someone you really like and respect tells you about a trait in you they find annoying, and other people have told you the same thing...you may want to apply serious thought into changing.

It's one thing if you're a kid and other kids are critical of you. Kids can be pretty vicious, and they want everyone to conform. It's a real pack mentality. I wasn't a "popular" teenager, but my teachers all adored me..I was focused on school, not on the social interactions. If I'd changed, I'd have screwed up school, and that would have been stupid.

However, if you're an adult, and people are always complaining that you talk too much, or they walk away when you're in the middle of saying something...you need to ask yourself why that is, and then decide if it's important enough to you to change.

For me, I heard way too often that I have an answer to everything. This is good in moderation, but not to an extreme. I decided people were right, and I learned to keep the majority of my comments to myself. It's worked out.

Good luck!

And these no ones are numbering how many? 10? 15? out of 6 billion people on the planet?...probably all in the same grouping/ area/ lifestyle/ attitudes....mix into a new group, seek diversity!

If you have to fake it in order to make friends, in the long run, you will most likely be unhappy. The best way to make friends is not by faking it, but by being one yourself. How can someone be a good friend? You can call people just to say hi, offer your help if they need it, give them thanks for being your friend etc. Remember one thing, even if you live in a deserted island all by yourself, there will ALWAYS BE A FRIEND THERE FOR YOU.... HIS NAME IS GOD.

mERRY cHRISTMAS.

well this is kind of a hard point.

if your friends dont like you what you are,

it could be yours or their fault.

if you know or feel there is something wrong with you you better change to good side.

if you know that you are right, never ever change for what you think friends.

you will find the one for your type.

the hard think is deciding whether you are right or wrong. that you need to figure out.

my problem is i don't change and they don't like me for me. so i just say, whatever and find people that do. if you never do, then well then just be yourself and soon enough you will find that people will just have to deal with it cause you ain't going to be able to please them. people can read through someone that is not confident, that is even if someone doesn't like you, there are no two exact carbon copies out there...and eventually even finding just one friend that accepts you as you are will hopefully find you to share a piece of themself with you. that is true love...

Source(s): personal experience
  • Rocky

If people don't like you for who you are, then they are not worth having as friends.

Then they need to get used to it.If your a good person and you show people that then they should like you for who you are.Have a good christmas!

then find people that do like you for who you are --- if you find characteristics that you dont like then you make the decision to change dont have it forced on you by someone else

that way if some onelove you you cant tallerate it becuse you know what he love is not really you your self and you wont love it then its better to wait untill some one come who love who you really are dear

• mimi

They could except for who I am...or the hell with them!