I have a 4 month old son and he has a little cold no fever or anything just a cough and it makes him mad when

he starts coughing and then he will start crying. Does anyone know anything I can get him to take that will help I took him to the dr and they said I could give him Pedicare Infants but it isnt helping.

Favorite Answer

make sure what you are giving him is a cough suppresant not an expectorant....it makes a difference.

suppresant will stop the cough

expectorant will make him move mucus, making him cough more. check the label. good luck. poor thing its tough i know!!!

• ws_422

Pediacare is usually a good product but you should check to make sure that it is for cough because they have other ones that are for runny or stuffy noses and when it is a cough expextrant it makes the cough more productive and cause him to cough more to get the mucas moving and come up. Make sure that you are running a cool mist vaporizer in the babies room or in the room of your choice because the mist will help make the room less dry and help with the cough. You can also buy some Vicks Baby rub. it is vapor rub for babies. It can be used on babies 3 months and older. I have used it on all of my kids when they get coughs and colds. It helps because it releases the menthol and opens ups nasal passages and most coughs come from problems with the nose. I still use it on my 2 and 4 year old and it really works. I hope that he feels better.

Source(s): mother of 4,soon to be 5

Cough is caused by a number of ailments.

It can be treated by over the counter medicines

or home remedies. More information available

at http://ailments.in/cough.html

Call the doctor and tell them the medicing is not working. Why do you want to ask strangers what to do for your baby? How the h*** do you know you can trust them. Good grief.

hi , i think maybe there are too many noise in your home or around you put your child in a silent place.soundlees will help.bye