Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Pls help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I can't change my Homepage. Last week my PC infected by Viruses & Trojans. Now I remove them but My homepage has chnged. It's open as Adultfindfinder instaed of mail.yahoo.com. how can i change? I try to chage Via Internet properties but they didn't working. I also went to yahoo.com to set the Homepage but not working. Pls help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Favorite Answer

Short of reformatting the hard drive (which I think would be the quickest way to solve this problem) you will need a registry cleaner.

then once your computer is working again get a software firewall, AND a anti-virus. then STOP VISITING PORN SITES!!!.

Source(s): Do people read the question before they answer? jeeze!!

You need to make sure you are free of viruses and trojans, you need to run a full system scan on your computer. this may remove some or all, take a piece of paper and write down the ones that were not deleted or removed. Click start ,then search,

then all files and folders, type in the name that still showed up find

out where it is still hiding then go and delete it then go to the next place or type in the next virus or trojan, then when there is no more go and empty the recycling bin. Then run a full system scan again ,when there is no more threats restart your computer.

this should help restore your home page.

Good Luck Lydia R

• G

Your PC is infected with a browser hijacker. Use these scans to remove it.

Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

http://superantispyware.com/

SUPERAntiSpyware is the most thorough scanner on the market. Our Multi-Dimensional Scanning and Process Interrogation Technology will detect spyware that other products miss! SUPERAntiSpyware will remove ALL the Spyware, NOT just the easy ones!

Easily remove over 100,000 pests such as SmitFraud, Vundo, WinFixer, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, WinAntiVirus, AntiVermins and thousands more!

Make sure after you download any of these, that you update them.

*Be sure to come back to Yahoo Q&A and vote for one of the answers as best answer!

• The best thing to do is to format ur pc and install ur os again. That is the fastest method coz spyware removal takes about 4 days and there is no point is spending that much of time and energy.

Hope that helps.

Hasnain Mir Mohammed

a reformat is not a good option or recommended for this as a answer has it above.

basically all you have is a hijacker

simple fix

www.lavasoft.com

adaware se personal its free

get update, reboot and do a full scan

spybot is also a good choice

after scan and its clean reset homepage

Well. honey, this is what happens when u access web pages meant for adults :p! Next time, try to be more careful with what u download! ;) Until then, watch out for who's behind you when u open the Internet connection (in case your parents or your girlfriend are there U might get in real trouble)...

go to ur internet options on general tab type the homepage u wish and click apply and then click ok

good luck

Source(s): my forum http://www.sofwareheaven.notlong.com for cracked software and pc games and ps2 games psp games and xbox games and see ways to make ur illegal windows xp and vista genuine and see ways to crack windows media player 11

What borwser are you using? Internet Explorer is really messed up with all of that. If you're using IE, I suggest going to Firefox, then when asks to make default browser check yes and DON'T transfer all your favorites and stuff. Then go to Add/Remove programs and get rid of IE.

Get an anti-spyware, and a good anti-viruse, i would advise you ad-aware and Norton anti-virus or McAfee, and try to get the Comodo firewall... Good luck

www.betanews.com

google 'hijackthis' and download the free program. it finds spyware that adaware and spybot can't find.

when all else fails, format and reload.