Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Captain Ron asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

My pet snake ate my dog?

My Python ate my Chihuahua and I can see it moving in the snake belly. Should I take a hatchet and whack the snake in two to get the Dog out? Or is it too late? How long can a dog live inside a snake?

Favorite Answer

good. hopefully it was that irritating taco bell dog.

• T

A python kills by constriction before it eats. There is no way your dog is still alive if your snake actually ate it. Sorry. :-(

It is too late to save the dog. Don't kill the snake too. The movement you see isn't the dog moving but the muscles of the snake as it moves.

hi there i hope this isn't a joke ...but yes ur dog is dead as soon as the python has constricted it the poor thing is dead ... i have snakes and 2 chi's and the dogs get locked up b4 any of the large snake come out ... only stupidity would u leave a small dog in a room with a loose large snake in the same room........

Source(s): for good info on most reptiles and their basic care sheet check out our website http://ultimatereptiles.bravehost.com/.....

your full of ****. allow me to address your retarded question scientifically. all large constrictors are capable of exerting more than 1 ton of force, or 2000 pounds per square inch. your average Chihuahua weighs 5-10 pounds. that coupled with the fact that the snakes instinctively squeeze the life out of the prey item to avoid damage from squirming prey. given many pythons reach twenty feet, not only is your imaginary chihuahua is dead but is dead with every bone in its body broken, if this is a true occurrence I'm sorry for your dog, but he would have passed away before the snake attempted to eat it. why would you let a Chihuahua anywhere NEAR a python!

• bill g

which pet do you want to keep ( you didn't say he dog was a pet ) you've got no hope of retrieving the dog after this time span , the python would have crushed and smothered the little fella .you will have the indignity of watching your dog being consumed over time sadly .

once this event is over , get some counselling , and never ever get a snake as a pet !!!

Well buddy i hate to say but i believe its to late for your poor dog,what in the world were you thinking?! letting your snake wonder free around the house when you have a dog!!!! that's just crazy! CRAZY! that poor dog! you need a big closed in area for a big snake like that keep your other animals away from your snake HELLO! get a big tank or somthing to putthat snake in!!!!

Source(s): COMMEN SENSE TO KEEP A SNAKE IN A CLOSED AREA WHERE IT CAN`T REACH YOUR OTHER ANIMALS!!!

That is incredibly sad! Call an emergency vet. Be prepared to kill the snake I suppose. Don't know how long if at all an animal can live, but... you do not have time to waste.

I have a question for you...Why are you dumb enough to let you Chihuahua near a Python?

Nice joke. Like you'd wait for a bunch of juggaloes on the web to answer the question.

I'd say dead.

if you have that large of a python, you should really be more careful with it.

• ral

o dead! depends who life you value most? don't know how long dog will last in there tho, sorry bout that, merry Xmas