which is the bigest word in the dictionary?

Favorite Answer

It does depend which dictionary you are using. Below is a website with a bunch of long words from different types of dictionaries. I was surprised with some of the words! Check it out!

The longest that is in th Oxford English Dictionary is:

SUPER­CALI­FRAGI­LISTIC­EXPI­ALI­DOCIOUS

Honorificabilitudinitatibus is the longest word in english as far as I know with 27 letters

It is Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic (52 Letters)

Source(s): Askoxford.com

floccinaucinihilipilification [29 letters: the act of making something worthless, as opposed to the previous word which had 28]

• Iris

People say it's "antidisestablishmentarianism."

Though there are longer medical terms, they're usually not listed in general-use dictionaries.

notwithstanding.

it's the longest word in English language as far as I know of course excluding the medical/pharmaceutical words.

smiles - because there is a mile between the 2 s's

Why would you even want to know? But I think it is the answers before me is right.

• jujube

It may have changed but when I was in school it was antidisestablishmentarianism.

A disease that coal miners get is named:

PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPIC-

SILICOVOLCANICONIOSIS.

45 letters.

Regards,

Mysstere