van asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Does constant coffee drinking can have side effects on my health?

Favorite Answer

I actually read something about this in Yahoo! News. It said something about coffee actually being good for you. Just like anything else, I'm sure mass quantities aren't good for you though. I face the same issue. You are not alone.

• ?

That sounds like a modest amount of coffee to be drinking. I don't believe it will hurt a 16 yr old. There are just the side effects of nervousness and stomach upset from the caffeine.

If I had the time I could tell you heaps of stuff about caffeine, but I can only give you a couple.

Caffeine is very dehydrating, which affects everything from your kidneys to your skin.

Caffeine is a stimulant, so it can affect your sleeping, your energy balance, your metabolism, your basic ability to function.

My mother actually had caffeine poisoning a few years ago and ended up in hospital.

Really, caffeine's not good, so unless you're drinking decaf, I'd cut it way back.

Heart problems, jitters, dehydration, nausea, insomnia, a high tolerance for caffeine (you'll have to drink more and more to get the effect that you seek as time goes on), irritability, stained teeth, bad breath, possible mild impotency, gastric problems (you're gonna tear up your stomach lining, dude), caffeine witdrawal (headaches and sh*t), possible urinary tract problems (from the strain of constant urination), among other things. Let's keep in mind that caffeine is a chemical, a drug.

Yes. It affects the nervous system; causes tintinus in the hearing; also rises blood pressure.

• morris

Large amounts of caffeine raise your heart rate, I don't think that is a good thing.

Anything you take constantly will have side effects.