which is the bigest word in the dictionary?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

pneumonoultramicroscopic

silicovolcanoconiosis

this is not a hyphenated word, i just had to cut it in half for it to show up properly.

which is a word for a lung disease. sorry if i misspelled it..but i think i got pretty close.

this word was also made up at the time, but does appear in the English dictionary..the longest non technical words in the dictionary are : flocci­nauci­nihili­pili­fication and antidisestablishmentarianism.....i think.

• 1 decade ago

pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­volcano­coniosis

"The longest word in any major English language dictionary is pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­volcano­coniosis, a 45-letter word supposed to refer to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of volcanic ash, but research has discovered that this word was originally intended as a hoax. It has since been used in a close approximation of its originally intended meaning, lending at least some degree of validity to its claim."

• 1 decade ago

floccinaucinihilipilification: is the longest word in the English dictionary.pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­volcano­coniosis: is the longest word in a medical dictionary. So, it depends on what dictionary you are referring to.

• 1 decade ago

Antidisestablishmentarianism

There are other words that may appear in technical manuals and scence books (like the one above me); however, they are technically not the English language. Check below for details. This word is actually one that is used.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• 1 decade ago

For those people who say smiles, how do you explain beleaguered (because they are a league apart..)?

Try reading the source for a lot more information on this.

• 1 decade ago

pneumonoultramicroscopic

silicovolcanoconiosis-a disease which the lungs have a very reactive reaction towards microsilica particals.

• 1 decade ago

Children say it is SMILE 'cause it keeps on going on and on and on.

• 1 decade ago

electrocardiagraphicingboard

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"SMILES" Because there is a "MILE" between each "S", NYUK, NYUK, NYUK !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.