Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Does anyone else think it's silly to keep kids in carseats until they are ALMOST 5 FEET TALL?

Seriously, they will get out of the carseats just in time to learn to drive.

What about folks who don't grow taller than the legal height limit, do they stay in the carseat their whole lives?

Why isn't someone standing up and saying that this is silly?

• Favorite Answer

THAT IS RETARDED

• mrotek

good i'm 6'3.5" I grew 7 inches in a unmarried 3 hundred and sixty 5 days once i replaced into once your age and one extra 5 inches after your age at round 2 inches a three hundred and sixty 5 days preventing at about 17 i'm guessing you're going to develop on the least yet another 3" -4" - if you seem on the right of your father, uncles and grandfathers and prevalent all of it out and upload an inch thats about the position you'll end! bypass out with any woman you want in spite of length - there at the on the spot are not any regulations besides for you each and each to have relaxing and be comfortable

Yest I think it is silly unless they weigh 60 lbs. If they are over 90 lbs and 5 feet tall they definitely need to be out of a car seat. My mother has been 4'10'' for 50+ years maybe she should be in a car seat. LOL

• I thought it was according to weight, not height. That certainly makes more sense.

I was tall for my age at six...I don't remember sitting in a carseat after I was five.

Of course, they are a lot more strict now, so who knows.

If that's true, yes, it's very silly.

• drew

If a child is less than 5 years old and is 5 ft tall, you need to go on the Murray Show

you are being silly

can you imagine a 15 year old in a car seat?

being dropped off in front of the school.

your kids would never speak to you again.

it is ridiculous, when i was little i used to run around the car from front to back and stand in the middle of the seats,,,ahh, i miss the good ole days

Yeah kids flying through the windshield because they were not secure is tragic not silly.

no theyve got to be 5ft or even 6ft and up to the age of 25

ummm yeah it is and isnt the weight like 60 lbs? i was 60lbs in like 5th grade. but whatever its to keep your child safe.

It's silly.