Yahoo!News=Scum. Why was the article on James Brown's passing written in such a negative manner?

Pete Allman, a radio personality in Las Vegas who had been friends with Brown for 15 years, credited Brown with jump-starting his career and motivating him personally and professionally.

"He was a very positive person. There was no question he was the hardest working man in show business," Allman said. "I remember Mr. Brown as someone who always motivated me, got me reading the Bible."

While most of Brown's life was glitz and glitter, he was plagued with charges of abusing drugs and alcohol and of hitting his third wife, Adrienne.

What ticked me off was that his scandals and debauchery,which is not what I'm denying, were quickly added after a reference to him as a bible supporting individual. How ludicrous and insensitive is that?

And this is not the first time the media has tried to potray a black hero in such an unflattering way, and to do it on Christmas Day and also on the day he passed away, that's like going down to a new low right after you've gone to a new low.

Favorite Answer

If the article had not mentioned the negative side of James Brown most people probably would not know who James Brown was. "Oh, I remember him, he was that guy that was arrested for......" Let's face the facts, he had few hits and they were a long time ago.

I don't think that article is very negative. James Brown was no saint, he never claimed to be one either. He had some serious run ins with the law, hell he originated the celebrity police chase in Atlanta. He was however an innovator, door opener, and prolific musician who's influence is still seen today. But you have to look at the whole man to truly see what a giant he was. To blindly stare at him and only see one side would end up distorting a true icon of our time.

The hardest working man in show business, was also a hard living man. If he had not been so famous would anyone care about his past trouble......ahhh Hollywood, they all love the scandal and trouble. I wonder if it was mentioned how on Friday a mere 3 days before his passing he was doing charity work for kids at Xmas. RIP James.

It's true that Yahoo news come from AP and other news agencies and not from 'Yahoo reporters.' And it was summary of his life which did include some bad things toward end. But the article does mention lot of positives. It's a news article, not a orbituary.

Was it Yahoo or a AP journalist?

theres always mention of any flaws in the story of someones (celebrity) death.