?
? asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

I had a Dodge Ram Van?

The transmission blwe up with just 38,000 miles on it and the warrenty had expired fix it 3x and had to dump it I was told that Chryslers always had bad transmissions. Have they fied that problem I will never buy another one of their cars or trucks again?

Favorite Answer

I've owned 10 different full size dodge trucks since1979 and had to replace or rebuild the trans on 4 of them. All of the trucks were well over 100,000 miles and I hammered them (towing-hauling etc) pretty frequently. I don't feel the need to get a toyota, and there fullsize trucks are new to the market, so time will tell. Oh, and I worked in a transmission shop a few years and saw ALL makes with trans problems.

Amen. Not just Dodge, but Ford,and G.M. Its sad that the only good trucks are Toyotas. I put 5 trannies in a Dodge in 6 years.