Jayathu S asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

what are the baggage allocation for Qatar airways economy class?

I need info about hand carriage and what not to take when travelling by Qatar airways.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Jayathu s!

Your baggage allowance is 20 kg, and when you travel on the Trans Atlantic flights your baggage allowance is 2 pieces each not exceeding 23 kg.

Baggage Allowance Economy Class - 20 Kg

Economy Class - 2 pieces each not exceeding 23 kg

The dimension of each piece of baggage must not exceed 158cm (total dimension = length + height + width)

Excess baggage will be charged at the airport. For excess baggage rates please contact your nearest Qatar Airways Office.

Note: Any single piece of baggage weighing over 32kg must be repacked or sent as cargo.

I hope it will help you a bit.

• Kiley
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Please contact them at least 24 h before, then you will pay reduced rate. I am not sure how much it is now coz my husband done it couple of years ago. You can obtain some kind of ticket for you baggage but again: it is much better to deal with in advance. The rule of 20kg applied because they do have limits for weight and volume of the luggage.

• 1 decade ago

QATAR AIRWAYS does not fly to North America. So the weight baggage system applies.

That's 20kg for economy class, and one carry on.

• 1 decade ago

The standard economy baggage allowance set by IATA for international flights is 20 kilos

Source(s): Been flying for 35 years though lately not economy
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Today my mom going INDIA (Ahmedabad) so in check in what is the maximum weight in two BAGGAGE

& Hand Bag?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.