Jayathu S asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

what are the baggage allocation for Qatar airways economy class?

I need info about hand carriage and what not to take when travelling by Qatar airways.

Favorite Answer

Hi Jayathu s!

Your baggage allowance is 20 kg, and when you travel on the Trans Atlantic flights your baggage allowance is 2 pieces each not exceeding 23 kg.

Baggage Allowance Economy Class - 20 Kg

Economy Class - 2 pieces each not exceeding 23 kg

The dimension of each piece of baggage must not exceed 158cm (total dimension = length + height + width)

Excess baggage will be charged at the airport. For excess baggage rates please contact your nearest Qatar Airways Office.

Note: Any single piece of baggage weighing over 32kg must be repacked or sent as cargo.

I hope it will help you a bit.

• Kiley

Please contact them at least 24 h before, then you will pay reduced rate. I am not sure how much it is now coz my husband done it couple of years ago. You can obtain some kind of ticket for you baggage but again: it is much better to deal with in advance. The rule of 20kg applied because they do have limits for weight and volume of the luggage.

QATAR AIRWAYS does not fly to North America. So the weight baggage system applies.

That's 20kg for economy class, and one carry on.

The standard economy baggage allowance set by IATA for international flights is 20 kilos

Source(s): Been flying for 35 years though lately not economy

Today my mom going INDIA (Ahmedabad) so in check in what is the maximum weight in two BAGGAGE

& Hand Bag?