Captain Ron asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My Dog ate a Shop Rag?

Help, what should I do? My Doberman ate a shop rag and it's sticking halfway out it's butt. Should I just yank it out? Someone told me to soak it in gas and light it and video tape it. I think that would be rather cruel. But I'm willing to try if it helps.

Favorite Answer

Ohhh, that's not good! Find an unused, unsharpened pencil and follow your dog closely and don't let it out of your sight. If half of it has passed, then the other half will pass, too.

Once your dog begins to pass the other half of the shop rag, using the eraser end of the pencil, carefully collect the rag so that it is hanging off of the pencil, but making sure you securely have it.

Now, using that eraser end of the pencil, begin slowly inserting the rag into your ear. It is possible that it will be momentarily uncomfortable. With persistence, however, you should be able to put the entire rag into your head cavity via your ear. Now you have something in place to keep your head from collapsing in upon itself and you've recycled, as well!

Please get someone to video tape it.

Hope everything comes out (and goes in) okay! =)

Go to the vet, now!. Pulling the rag out might cause internal injuries if it is entangled somehow.

• ®

That "someone" is really ignorant!!!!! And you considered it!!!!! I would try pulling it out very slowly. Luckily it didn't get stuck in his stomach or intestines. I hope this really isn't true anyhow.

Stupidity posts.

Go to the vet now!