If a mother tests postive for pot will the baby also test postive?

I would like an answer with a link for it. Opinions count but in this case I need facts.

Wow I can't believe how many people assumed and jumped to the conclution I was asking this for myself. Sorry I'm too old to have children. I'm asking because I was told a woman tested postive and the baby didn't. So CPS dropped it. I think they are lying to me to.

Favorite Answer

of course, just like if the mother tests postive for stupid the baby will also.

• ws_422

Yes, if a mother tests positive for any type of drug the baby will also. You have to remember what ever you take in so does your baby. I am sure that your concerned because you are going to have a baby shortly. Either your the mother of the father and if you are the mother then, you should of thought of that before you decided to smoke pot. Also, not every hospital will check babies for drugs unless they are told that there is a chance or they suspect something is wrong with the baby. I do know that in my state which is Indiana, the hospital that I have had my babies at does check every child there with a blood test so you need to find out if your hospital does and you can have this in the babies system for 2 months and more sometimes. If you want websites just go to your search bar and type in your question and all the sites that you want will show up for you to choose from. Good luck to you and for yours and the babies sake I pray to God that the pot is out of the babies and your system or you won't be bringing the baby home with you.

If the mother smokes pot just before the baby is born, yes the baby will test positive also. If there has been sufficient time for the weed to leave the system then neither one will test positvie. YOu should know, whoever the mother is, if either or them tests positive when the baby is born, chikd protective services will take the child away from the mother. Don't have a link, but my mother works for CPS so I know from talking to her.

yes the baby will test positive, if you need a link then why don't you do what the rest of us would do and type your question on a search bar!

If it is born and not breast feeding it most likely will not.

If you are breast feeding the possibility is that the baby will.

If you are worried about thebaby then stop.

yes , they test the same as mother .

you are pregnant and doing pot?? how could you?

yes...whoever would do drugs while pregnant are stupid!!!!!